Friday 2 September 2011

Day 2 - Food and Fashion

Who could ask for anything better than food and fashion?

I started the morning by baking whole wheat baking powder biscuits.  This was a variation on one of my mom's old recipes.

Baking Powder Biscuits
2c flour (I substituted whole wheat flour)
1t salt
3t baking powder
4 T oil
2/3 c milk
1 egg for bathing before baking

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

1) Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
2) Add the oil and milk to the dry ingredients
3) Stir the mixture with a fork until the flour is mixed.
4) Roll dough and cut with biscuit cutter (I used a teddy bear cookie cutter)
5) Place on cookie sheet.
6) Beat egg and brush over biscuits
7) Bake for 10 mins

The biscuits were good - warm out of the oven and supper cute!  The only issue was that because of the amount of leven in the whole wheat flour as opposed to all purpose flour they stayed flatter than usual.  Erica and I still enjoyed them with jam and butter and a cup of 25 Decembre - Vert tea.


After breakfast Erica and I ventured downtown to the Aritzia Warehouse sale.  An annual trip for us we braved the long lines and the crazy hectic scene and came out with some pretty great purchases!  My favourite purchase was the $10.00 Abercrombie bag.



After our shopping adventure we were starving!  We headed to Verace for lunch.  For those of you who haven't accompanied me to Verace yet (as I have pretty much taken everyone) you really need to go!  It is traditional Napoletano style pizza.

This is the pizza that we ordered

Quartro Stagioni
Plum tomato sauce, mushrooms, ham and pepperoni, and artichokes.  Topped with grana padano and evoo



I liked it a lot, but Erica didn't like the ham.  It was a traditional Italian smoked ham and had a different flavour than us North American's tend to traditionally enjoy I suppose ;-).  


We are now off to dinner with Dad.  We are debating weather to have greek or mexican.  All we know is Dad wants to eat meat as after Monday he will officially be a vegetarian for at least the next six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment