Monday 19 September 2011

San Francisco - We Have Arrived!

(We actually arrived on Friday, but this will be my first of a few posts today.)

I love the Canada line! After a 20 min trip from home to YVR we eagerly started to go through customs!

Ha who eagerly goes through customs? We were lucky! We got to see the female customs agent!! She gave me flack about being a US citizen who would have the tenacity to not have a US passport! Why wouldn't you want a US passport? It is the best country in the world and everybody would be US citizens if they could! Don't get me wrong, I love having dual citizenship, but after seeing my mom, who was traveling with my dad and myself - 2 Canadians, almost be refused entry into China I think I will continue to be a proud Canadian passport holder. The last time I checked the only ones who love me because I am an American are the Americans! Everyone else loves me because I am Canadian!

To further this point while sitting eating our nutritious lunch of a massive cinnabon, we got to listen to some ugly Americans from Florida talk about some very non pc topics in very loud voices…sheesh!


Before you start thinking I am US bashing, at home, in Canada, I will be the first to tell you that I am American and proud of it!

Let's get back on track here.

The flight was smooth and uneventful! Ursula and Mike picked us up from the extremely chaotic SFO and immediately we noticed - we are not in Kansas anymore!

The phenomena of the American interstates - wow now that's transportation! Cam always mentions this when we come down here, but I really noticed it this time! I would definitely not want to be on a motorcycle on one of these massive freeways! I do love the amount of room you have, and how much traffic there is!

For dinner we had this amazing pizza that I would have to say was closer to a Canadian style pizza then an American one. Fresh veggies and not too much grease. It wasn't the Friday night number 8 with garlic but it was mmm mmm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment